Why A Blog?


Why not a blog? All the kids are doing it. Why can't I? 

Well, actually, I had a blog a long, long time ago when the internet was fresh and new. I had a food blog because food is a passion of mine, and being a stay home mother, I needed a creative outlet. Now anyone who can bake a kale chip has a food blog. It's tres cliché! I also had a parenting blog, but that died before it even started because I was too busy parenting. So why now? What have I got to share that people will find interesting? Honestly, I don't know and I kind of really don't care. I'm doing this for me, and because a friend told me that I should write a column and he would read it. So, Luke, I'm really doing this for you. I don't see anyone ever paying me to write anything but maybe that's because I don't know my own worth. Who knows, but here's my first middle age musing to all you youngins out there: always make sure your children know how much you value them and make sure they know their own worth. It will take them far in their everyday lives and into the their future.

Starting a blog seems like such a simple thing to do, but with everything when you are mildly OCD like me, you over analyze even minor details until you get to that "fuck it" moment and just choose your theme. I chose one that looks like it could be my living room if I didn't have the living room I already have. I hope it's not too pretentious and I will probably change it at some point down the line. I'm not married to it. Actually, I'm not married at all. I was married but now I'm unmarried, and that's all I'm really going to say on that subject, unless it's in the abstract and I need to reflect upon it for context.

Middle age.  It's fun, ne c'est pas? I think it's called middle age because that's when that particular area of the body starts to become more pronounced, except in my case. In addition to my post menopausal expanding waistline, I am also experiencing a blossoming in the bust line. In my teens, I was nothing but an A cup. In my 20s I moved on to a B, and was quite happy with that size, but in my 30s, after having children, mother nature bestowed upon me a C. Then a voluptuous D cup was to arrive in my premenopausal 40s, and just recently I have graduated to a DD. I can hardly wait to see what my 60s, 70s, and 80s have in store for me. Maybe they'll just get flatter, along with my derriere.

Language is something that changes with middle age. You really stop giving a flying fuck about what people think of you and what you have to say. You freely share your opinions with anyone within earshot and all over social media. And you realize that censoring your language is for pussies and you are going to let the expletives fly because you could be diagnosed with an incurable illness tomorrow and be dead in six months. Live for today. Actually, I've always used colourful language. It got me kicked out of the girl scouts. It's not the stock of my bouillabaisse but I do use it to season the stew.

As I said, I'm not writing this blog for anyone other than myself but I am willing to share. If you read something on my blog you don't like or you find offensive, please don't attempt to contact me. Just stop reading and don't come back. I'm not going to change for you or for anyone. I'm middle aged. This is as good as I am ever going to get. It's all down hill from here. Enjoy the ride.

Regards,
Me x

Comments

Popular Posts